home of the champions
The privacy of your personal information is crucial to Gymnastics Mississauga. We will not sell, rent, or trade your personal information to any third party. We have measures and policies in place to protect the privacy and the security of your information.
HOW DOES Gymnastics Mississauga COLLECT AND USE MY INFORMATION?
When you register for class(es) at Gymnastics Mississauga, you will provide contact information such as name, address, phone number(s), emergency contact(s), e-mail address as well as student and family information which includes names, birthday(s), medical condition(s), and additional comments.
The fields noted with a red asterisk on the form(s) are mandatory. This information is required in order to communicate with you, to administer your membership and account, to confirm you are the correct student and family member, and to provide you with the services you have requested. The sections not marked with a red asterisk are optional. Optional information is requested to assist us in better understanding our students and families, and is used only as needed. This information will not be used or sold for any other purposes, except as herein described.
WHO HAS ACCESS TO MY INFORMATION?
When you register you are required to enter an e-mail address and password. The combination of that e-mail account and password is used to ensure that you have access to and can modify your personal information through Gymnastics Mississauga’s website. Gymnastics Mississauga staff will also have access to your personal information to manage, process, administer, and for verification purposes on your account and membership.
Gymnastics Mississauga will access your personal information and/or share it with third parties for the following purposes: (i) to provide, improve or better our services; (ii) to affiliated organizations for competition-related activities; or (iii) if required to do so by law.
Please contact the office if you have any questions or wish to update or remove any of your personal information. Subject to certain restrictions, you may withdraw your consent at any time and, in doing so, you are aware that Gymnastics Mississauga may not be able to provide you with services.
GYMNASTICS MISSISSAUGA POLICIES & PROTOCOLS
The following are Gymnastics Mississauga’s policies and protocols. It is important that you read and understand this document as the policies and protocols detailed herein will govern our relationship. References to “I” and “you” mean either yourself or the student(s) you are registering if those student(s) are under the age of 18 years old.
By selecting the “I’ve read the above and agree” checkbox, you acknowledge and agree that you are signing this agreement electronically and that this electronic signature is the legal equivalent of your manual signature. By selecting this checkbox you are further acknowledging that (1) you have had sufficient opportunity to read this entire document and (2) have read and understood it, and agree to be bound by its terms.
(1) ENROLLMENT AND TUITION FOR RECREATIONAL PROGRAMS
To facilitate the enrolment process for our members, we do not have term or sessions. Enrollment is on-going, year-round.
As there are no terms or sessions, once enrolled we will charge you monthly until notified that you wish to unenroll. To unenroll you must email us at email@example.com by the 16th of the month to avoid paying for the following month.
You may start or stop at any time, or switch classes subject to availability.
You are financially responsible for your monthly classes until you unenroll, regardless attendance.
Tuition is charged monthly on the 25th for the following month of classes.
The Tuition is based on the number of classes per month.
Student(s) must be the correct age for the selected program within thirty (30) days before the start date of the first class.
Class transfers are permitted up to two (2) weeks into the start of the month or registration, provided space is available. Class transfers are not transferrable amongst students and applies only to account holders.
(2) ANNUAL REGISTRATION FEES
An annual Administration Membership Fee is applied to each student at any class or camp and includes a Gymnastics Ontario Membership Fee.
Registration is valid between July 1 and June 30 of each calendar year.
The Membership Fee is non-refundable and is not eligible for pro-rate.
The Membership Fee must be paid in full at time of registration.
We accept Visa, Mastercard, American Express & Debit
Recreational Program(s): $35.00
If you are registering for camps/classes that begin after July 1, 2020, the student MUST pay the Membership Fee of $35.00 for July 1, 2020 – June 30, 2021.
If participating for more than 2 trial classes, the student MUST pay the Membership Fee of $35.00. This fee is non-refundable
Additionally, a seasonal non-resident of Mississauga fee of $10 is required for each and every non-resident student. This fee is non-refundable.
(3) PAYMENT POLICIES
Payment for all programs, classes, camps or events is to be made in full upon registration. For recreational and competitive programs payment in full must be made at the beginning of each month.
Classes/camps are subject to cancellation and/or rescheduling.
No refunds whatsoever will be provided for classes, camps, events, programs or lessons that are postponed or cancelled; you will however be eligible for an account credit with no expiration date.
The NSF cheque charge is $25.
Open Gym: each class is $20.00, plus a one-time Gymnastics Ontario Membership Fee of $35.00 that is valid from July 1 to June 30 of that calendar year.
Trial classes are non-refundable.
(4) GENERAL GYM POLICIES
Gymnastics equipment may only be used under coach supervision.
Food and drink are not permitted in the gym, except for water.
No food products made of or containing peanuts/nuts are permitted at the gym premises.
Street shoes must be removed and left in the change room before entering the gym.
Only students and staff may enter the gym. Parent & tot, tumbling toddlers and all baby programs are excepted. Viewing areas are available.
Gymnastics Mississauga reserves the right to terminate membership at any time subject to the terms and conditions set out in the Membership Agreement and Gymnastics Mississauga Handbook.
There are no refunds or discounts for members vacationing during the season, including during the summer and March break.
We do not offer makeup classes, refunds or credits for any missed classes.
Coaches, class times & age range are subject to change based on availability and demand.
(5) CLUB PROTOCOLS FOR COVID-19
Hand washing guidelines will be displayed in all entrances and bathrooms as a reminder on how to wash hands properly.
The gym will continuously disinfect all meeting spaces and provide regular cleaning of surfaces that have a high exposure of contact by individuals, including the restrooms inside the gym.
The gym will be limiting the number of students permitted in the washroom at one time to ensure physical distancing requirements are followed. The restrooms will be disinfected every hour, and at the end of each day.
Respiratory etiquette is to be followed by having individuals cough or sneeze into one’s arm or a tissue.
There will be no access to the change rooms. Please come ready to train. If required, a small bag that fits into a cubby will be permitted.
The gym will have additional hand sanitizing stations set up at the entrance to the facility and in the gym area.
The gym will clean and sanitize the gymnastics equipment between classes, where possible, and at the end of each day.
Open chalk buckets will no longer be used. Each student will be required to purchase their own chalk (which can be done through the gym). Personal chalk containers will be allowed. Students are not permitted to share chalk and will be required to wash their hands after using the equipment.
Students are not permitted to share personal training equipment (e.g. grips, slippers, wrist bands, wrist supports, ankle braces, tape, etc.).
The gym will be adhering to capacity restrictions as dictated by the Province of Ontario for group gatherings.
A second adult (age 18+) will always be on-site.
In order to adhere to physical distancing guidelines all students will be assigned to a specific apparatus during each training session. The athlete must sanitize/clean equipment after each use.
Students are not permitted to sit together during rest times. A designated area for rest will be marked for safe distances.
There will be no sharing of cups, water bottles or other items.
There will be “hands-free coaching” (no spotting) unless required to prevent injury. Training will be modified accordingly to ensure students are only doing safe skills that do not require spotting.
Practice start and end times will be staggered to ensure time for the gymnasts to enter and exit the gym safely, and with time to wipe down equipment and for coaches to wash their hands thoroughly.
I understand and agree to the following:
All physical distancing requirements set forth by Gymnastics Mississauga, the City of Toronto, and Province of Ontario will be complied with. I will support the social distancing standard of 6′ to 12′ feet while at the gym.
I will make sure that myself (or my child/children) will wear a mask at the drop-off and pick-up times. Please note the mask will not be used during training.
I will drop-off and pick-up my child/children and not enter the facility unless requested by the Coach or Executive Director.
I will drop my child/children off and pick him/her up at the designated entry doors.
Once classes are completed, student(s) and parent(s)/guardian(s) must promptly depart the gym premises. Lingering and chatting will not be permitted.
If the student requires supervision while waiting for pick-up, an adult will be present and practicing physical distancing.
The gym is allowing a maximum of one parent/guardian (and no siblings) per student inside the facility only in case of emergency whereby they will follow the physical distancing requirements.
The gym is asking families to limit carpooling and that only members of the same family be in a vehicle together.
I understand and agree that these procedures will change and evolve over time and that I will follow any new standards required by the City of Toronto, Province of Ontario and/or Gymnastics Mississauga.
I understand that everyone at the gym will make best efforts to maintain social distancing guidelines. However, despite these best efforts there may be times when incidental or close contact may occur.
I am aware and agree that spotting is an essential part of training and required for the safety of the gymnast in order to prevent injury. I therefore consent to having my child/children to be spotted when and where necessary.
DECLARATION OF COMPLIANCE – COVID-19
ALL PARTICIPANTS ENTERING THE FACILITY AND/OR PARTICIPATING IN SANCTIONED ACTIVITIES MUST COMPLY WITH THIS DECLARATION.
Gymnastics Ontario and its affiliated clubs (collectively the “Organization”) require the disclosure of exposure or illness is in order to safeguard the health and safety of all participants and limit the further spread of COVID-19. This Declaration of Compliance will be kept safely, and personal information will not be disclosed unless as required by law or with your consent.
A participant (or the participant’s parent/guardian, if the participant is younger than the age of majority) who is unable to agree to the terms outlined in this document is not permitted to enter the Organization’s facilities or participate in the Organization’s activities, programs, or services.
I, the undersigned being the participant named above and the participant’s parent/guardian (if the participant is younger than the age of majority), hereby acknowledge and agree to the terms outlined in this document:
1) The coronavirus disease COVID-19 has been declared a worldwide pandemic by the World Health Organization and COVID-19 is extremely contagious. The Organization has put in place preventative measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and requires all participants (or their parent/guardian, when applicable) to adhere to the compliance standards described in this document.
2) The participant has not been diagnosed with COVID-19. OR If the participant was diagnosed with COVID-19, the participant was cleared as noncontagious by provincial or local public health authorities.
3) If the participant is a front-line worker (such as hospital staff, long term care staff, or other individual who interacts with individuals who have confirmed or suspected cases of COVID-19) or required to travel outside of Canada, the participant has worn proper and approved Personal Protective Equipment at all times whenever they interacted with an individual who has a confirmed or suspected case of COVID-19 in the last 14 days.
4) If the participant is not a front-line worker or travelled outside of Canada, they have not been exposed to a person with a confirmed or suspected case of COVID-19 in the last 14 days.
5) The participant is attending or participating voluntarily and understands the risks associated with COVID-19. The participant (or the participant’s parent/guardian, on behalf of the participant (when applicable) agrees to assume those risks, including but not limited to exposure and being infected.
6) The participant has not, nor has anyone in the participant’s household, experienced any signs or symptoms of COVID-19 in the last 14 days (including fever, new or worsening cough, fatigue, chills and body aches, respiratory illness, difficulty breathing, nausea, vomiting or diarrhea, pink eye, or loss of taste or smell).
7) If the participant experiences, or if anyone in the participant’s household experiences, any signs or symptoms of COVID-19 after submitting this Declaration of Compliance, the participant will immediately isolate, notify the Organization, and not attend any of the Organization’s facilities, activities, programs or services until at least 14 days have passed since those symptoms were last experienced.
8) The participant is following recommended guidelines, including but not limited to, practicing physical distancing, trying to maintain separation of six feet from others, adhering to recognized hygiene best practices, and otherwise limiting exposure to COVID-19.
9) The participant will follow the safety, physical distancing, and hygiene protocols of the Organization.
10) This document will remain in effect until the Organization, per the direction of the provincial government and provincial health officials, determines that the acknowledgements in this Declaration of Compliance are no longer required.
11) The Organization may remove the participant from the facility or from participation in the activities, programs or services of the Organization at any time and for any reason if the Organization believes, in its sole discretion, that the participant is no longer in compliance with any of the standards described in this document.