home of the champions
• The City of Mississauga will be screening each person, including children/athletes, staff, coaches and or visitors entering the building; please be ready to show your QR
Code Vaccination and ID. The city is not accepting paper copies.
• Anyone entering the facility must be actively screened for COVID-19 upon arrival at an identified location. (The exception is first responders in an emergency.) Anyone
who has not successfully cleared the screening will not be permitted to enter the facility and join in training/classes/camps.
• Please Note: As per Peel Public Health and City of Mississauga Regulations, any person over 12 years and older must present the enhanced vaccine certificate (with QR
code), proof of full COVID-19 vaccination, along with government-issued ID at entry gates to the Paramount Fine Foods Centre or medical exception. This mandate only
applies to those over 12 years of age (including staff, coaches, visitors) entering the Paramount Fine Food Centre. For those under the age of 12, proof of vaccination is
NOT required (pursuant to the exemption under section 2.1 (6) (b) of O. Reg 645/21):
• Effective January 1, 2022, the policy shall provide that all children have a grace period of 12 weeks from their 12th birthday, during which they must provide
identification at the point of entry but do not need to provide proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19. This is to allow a reasonable opportunity for vaccination
to be completed.
• Masks must be worn when entering the building.
• Anyone travelling outside Canada must follow federal and provincial requirements and guidelines for quarantining, screening, and testing before
training/classes/camps. Refer to COVID-19 testing, the federal Quarantine Act, and federal travel guidelines.
• Staff/athletes/campers who have been advised to quarantine cannot carry out their quarantine at the gym.
• Everyone must be free of respiratory symptoms for at least 24 hours and gastrointestinal symptoms (if applicable) for at least 48 hours.
• No one may enter the gym who has been directed by public health to self-isolate, or has come into contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 within the last 10 days.
• We strongly encourage parents/guardians not to stay and watch so as to reduce the traffic in the building and to avoid possible transmission.
• Hand washing guidelines will be displayed in all entrances and bathrooms as a reminder on how to wash hands properly.
• The gym will be limiting the number of students permitted in the washroom at one time to ensure physical distancing requirements are followed. The restrooms will be
disinfected during and at the end of each day.
• The gym will have additional hand sanitizing stations set up at the entrance to the facility and in the gym area.
• Open chalk buckets will no longer be used. Each student will be required to purchase their own chalk (which can be done through the gym). Personal chalk containers
will be allowed. Students are not permitted to share chalk and will be required to wash their hands after using the equipment.
• Students are not permitted to share personal training equipment (e.g. grips, slippers, wrist bands, wrist supports, ankle braces, tape, etc.).
• The gym will adhere to capacity restrictions as dictated by the Province of Ontario for group gatherings.
• In order to adhere to physical distancing guidelines all students will be assigned to a specific apparatus during each training session.
• Students are not permitted to sit together during rest times. A designated area for rest will be marked for safe distances.
• There will be no sharing of cups, water bottles or other items.
• There will be “hands-free coaching” (no spotting) unless required to prevent injury. Training will be modified accordingly to ensure students are only doing safe skills that
do not require spotting.
• Practice start and end times will be staggered to ensure time for the gymnasts to enter and exit the gym safely, and with time to wipe down equipment and for coaches
to wash their hands thoroughly.
• The gym will continue to use vital oxide for disinfecting and sanitizing different areas at Gymnastics Mississauga several times a day, using the following products and
o Cleaning Products:
Vital Oxide, Pine-Sol, soap, water.
2 Cobalt Foggers Model No. 140010B
googles, masks, gloves, pump and spray bottles, mops, cloths.
• Note: Sanitization by Design is an exclusive Canadian distributor of high-quality sanitization products, including Vital Oxide, that are Health Canada and Environmental
Protection Agency (EPA) approved to kill COVID-19. They have also trained GM Staff on using the product and equipment properly.
• The gym will continuously disinfect all meeting spaces and provide regular cleaning of surfaces that have a high exposure of contact by individuals, including the
restrooms inside the gym.
• The gym will clean and sanitize the gymnastics equipment between classes, where possible, and at the end of each day. However, more frequent cleaning and
disinfection may be necessary.
• I understand and agree to the following:
o All physical distancing requirements set forth by Gymnastics Mississauga, the City of Toronto, and Province of Ontario will be complied with.
o I will make sure that myself (or my child/children) will wear a mask at the drop-off and pick-up times.
o I will drop-off and pick-up my child/children and not enter the facility unless requested by the Coach, Supervisor or Admin Staff.
o I will drop my child/children off and pick him/her up at the designated entry doors.
o Once classes are completed, student(s) and parent(s)/guardian(s) must promptly depart the gym premises. Lingering and chatting will not be permitted.
o If the student requires supervision while waiting for pick-up, an adult will be present and practicing physical distancing.
o The gym is allowing a maximum of one parent/guardian (and no siblings) per student inside the facility only in case of emergency whereby they will follow the
physical distancing requirements.
• I understand and agree that these procedures will change and evolve over time and that I will follow any new standards required by the City of Toronto, Province of
Ontario and/or Gymnastics Mississauga.
• I understand that everyone at the gym will make best efforts to maintain social distancing guidelines. However, despite these best efforts there may be times when
incidental or close contact may occur.
• I am aware and agree that spotting is an essential part of training and required for the safety of the gymnast in order to prevent injury. I therefore consent to having my
child/children to be spotted when and where necessary.
Gymnastics Ontario and its affiliated clubs (collectively the “Organization”) require the disclosure of exposure or illness is in order to safeguard the health and safety of all participants and limit the further spread of COVID-19. This Declaration of Compliance will be kept safely, and personal information will not be disclosed unless as required by law or with your consent.
A participant (or the participant’s parent/guardian, if the participant is younger than the age of majority) who is unable to agree to the terms outlined in this document is not permitted to enter the Organization’s facilities or participate in the Organization’s activities, programs, or services.
I, the undersigned being the participant named above and the participant’s parent/guardian (if the participant is younger than the age of majority), hereby acknowledge and agree to the terms outlined in this document:
1) The coronavirus disease COVID-19 has been declared a worldwide pandemic by the World Health Organization and COVID-19 is extremely contagious. The Organization
has put in place preventative measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and requires all participants (or their parent/guardian, when applicable) to adhere to the
compliance standards described in this document.
2) The participant has not been diagnosed with COVID-19. OR If the participant was diagnosed with COVID-19, the participant was cleared as noncontagious by provincial
or local public health authorities.
3) If the participant is a front-line worker (such as hospital staff, long term care staff, or other individual who interacts with individuals who have confirmed or suspected
cases of COVID-19) or required to travel outside of Canada, the participant has worn proper and approved Personal Protective Equipment at all times whenever they
interacted with an individual who has a confirmed or suspected case of COVID-19 in the last 14 days.
4) If the participant is not a front-line worker or travelled outside of Canada, they have not been exposed to a person with a confirmed or suspected case of COVID-19 in
the last 14 days.
5) The participant is attending or participating voluntarily and understands the risks associated with COVID-19. The participant (or the participant’s parent/guardian, on
behalf of the participant (when applicable) agrees to assume those risks, including but not limited to exposure and being infected.
6) The participant has not, nor has anyone in the participant’s household, experienced any signs or symptoms of COVID-19 in the last 14 days (including fever, new or
worsening cough, fatigue, chills and body aches, respiratory illness, difficulty breathing, nausea, vomiting or diarrhea, pink eye, or loss of taste or smell).
7) If the participant experiences, or if anyone in the participant’s household experiences, any signs or symptoms of COVID-19 after submitting this Declaration of
Compliance, the participant will immediately isolate, notify the Organization, and not attend any of the Organization’s facilities, activities, programs or services until at
least 14 days have passed since those symptoms were last experienced.
8) The participant is following recommended guidelines, including but not limited to, practicing physical distancing, trying to maintain separation of six feet from others,
adhering to recognized hygiene best practices, and otherwise limiting exposure to COVID-19.
9) The participant will follow the safety, physical distancing, and hygiene protocols of the Organization.
10) This document will remain in effect until the Organization, per the direction of the provincial government and provincial health officials, determines that the
acknowledgements in this Declaration of Compliance are no longer required.
11) The Organization may remove the participant from the facility or from participation in the activities, programs or services of the Organization at any time and for any
reason if the Organization believes, in its sole discretion, that the participant is no longer in compliance with any of the standards described in this document.